The slow cooker is a great way to make chilli. This beefy chilli is packed with beans, veggies and spices. Serve on its own, and use leftovers to top jacket potatoes.
Ingredients Serves: 8
- 500g (1 1/4 lb) minced beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (600g) jar passata
- 2 (400g) tins kidney beans, liquid reserved from one tin
- 1 (400g) tin cannellini beans, liquid reserved
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prep: 15min › Cook: 8hr › Ready in: 8hr 15min
- Place the mince in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain fat.
- Place the mince in a slow cooker, and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce to heat things up.