One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies – boneless, skinless chicken thighs with sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes in a delicious basil pesto sauce. Healthy, gluten free, Mediterranean style recipe, packed with fiber (vegetables) and protein (chicken). Easy, 30 minute recipe.
This is a perfect meal for the hot days of the Summer – light, packed with veggies, full of bright colors, and so delicious!
First, cook boneless, skinless chicken thighs (sliced into thinner strips) with sun-dried tomatoes until the chicken is completely cooked, and coat the chicken with basil pesto:
Add cherry tomatoes to the chicken in the skillet
Cook the asparagus and combine all the ingredients together
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half, if large
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, yellow and red, halved
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add sliced chicken thighs, season chicken generously with salt, add half of chopped sun-dried tomatoes – and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken and sun-dried from the skillet, leaving oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus cooked through. Remove asparagus to serving plate.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add halved cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.