Apart from their universally acknowledged delicious taste, potatoes also possess one other amazing quality that can help women achieve a lovelier, even skin tone. In order to convince you to start using it as your “beauty tool” from now on, we will give you a short overview of its amazing beauty uses.
Potatoes, in their raw form, have been used to treat various skin issues, including the removal of warts. These starchy, tuberous crops are rich in vitamin C, which is widely known to be very beneficial to skin. Most, however, would never consider applying a piece of raw potato to their underarms. It sounds ridiculous, but it is quite genius because the humble spud contains an effective, natural bleaching agent.
Therefore, if your underarms are darker than they should be, don’t reach out for those chemically-laden products promising to bleach your skin. According to studies, the hydroquinone, an active agent, contained in these products has been found to cause cancer.
You don’t need to take a chance and put yourself in harm’s way when an inexpensive potato sitting in your cupboard can achieve the same mission in a healthy, natural way. Potato juice contains the enzyme catecholase that acts as a mild bleaching agent.
Potatoes contain a compound known as niacinamide, a niacin derivative of the vitamin B-Complex group, which represents a powerful skin-lightening agent. They also contain an enzyme called catecholase, which has natural bleaching properties.
An underarm potato mask will do the trick, and there are two methods to try this unique skin lightening treatment.
- First, cut several raw potato slices, without removing the skin.
- Take one potato slice and rub it on your armpit with a circular motion.
- Do this for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat on the other armpit.
- Let the potato juice sit for about 10 minutes, and then rinse off and dry.
- Grate a raw potato into a bowl and allow its juices to accumulate.
- Lie down and apply the grated potato to your armpits.
- Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes, and then rinse off and dry.
- Repeat this process several times a week for best results.
- You can use this treatment in case of any discoloration around your knees and elbows as well.
Potatoes are gentle exfoliants, which means they remove dead skin cells for brighter, clearer skin. Moreover, the spud is a moisturizing veggie, as there is nothing harsh to cause redness or breakouts if used on the face and neck.
Furthermore, potatoes will help you eliminate your dark eye circles. Simply place some fresh potato slices in that area and lie still for about 10 minutes. Afterward, rinse off with lukewarm water.
If you’re sunburned, you can gently rub potato slices on the red lobster skin. It is soothing and offers relief to burning body or face parts.
As you can see, potatoes are a true nature’s gift and a cheap way to solve many beauty issues.