Toothaches can be such an annoyance. Aside from the fact that they hurt a lot, they also prevent you from eating conveniently.
Over-the-counters painkillers are readily available, but they can be expensive at times and cause unwanted side effects.
But worry not, this natural remedy offers quick relief and only involves two ingredients – coconut oil and clove powder.
Coconut oil has antibacterial properties which effective kill any bacteria which aggravates the pain.
Clove powder contains an ingredient called eugenol, which is an effective analgesic.
This combination can be very effective for toothaches.
Here’s how you do it:
1) Mix an equal amount of the two ingredients until it becomes a paste.
2) Apply the paste in the affected area.
Best Home Remedies for Toothache Relief
If you are suffering from tooth pain and you hate going to dentist then try these excellent home remedies for toothache for instant pain relief.
1. Garlic for Tooth-Pain
Use of garlic can also provide immense relief from toothache. Garlic is well-known for its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. Working mechanism of garlic affect directly on pain causing bacteria and reduce their growth and simultaneously kills them.
Medicinal properties of garlic is very effective in reducing the pain. To alleviate the pain, we will apply crushed garlic with salt on infected tooth.
How to do it:
- Take 2 garlic cloves and crush it in mortar with the help of pestle.
- In addition, to crushed cloves also add 2-3 pinch of salt.
- Mix them well and apply this directly over pain suffering tooth.
- Cover the entire tooth with surrounding gums.
- Keep this for 20-30 minutes then rinse with water.
- If you are comfortable with garlic taste, then chew 3-4 garlic cloves to alleviate the pain.
- Repeat this natural treatment for tooth pain after every meals for fast relief.
In addition to garlic remedy for toothache, you can also sip on garlic soup for added benefits. The warm soup will sooth the gums and reduce pain. Learn How To Make Garlic Soup (with pictures)
2. Toothache Remedy : Clove Oil
Cloves are used as natural anesthetic and also used as nerves numbing remedy. Health benefits of clove oil includes antimicrobial, antifungal, antiseptic, antiviral, aphrodisiac and stimulating properties. The germicidal properties of the clove oil make it very effective for relieving dental pain, tooth ache, sore gums and mouth ulcers.
Crushed Whole Cloves paste also provide numbing nerves effect. It numbs the near by gum and root nerves, as a result you feel less tooth pain.
How to use clove oil for toothache for pain relief
- You need cotton ball and virgin clove oil.
- Dip a cotton ball in organic clove oil and place it against the aching tooth until the pain recedes.
- Alternatively, make clove powder by crushing whole cloves into mortar using pestle.
- Apply this whole clove powder over the affected area and wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash your mouth with clean water.
- Clove oil are super natural remedy for tooth pain relief.
3. Swish some salt water
You can thank the antibacterial properties of salt (Sodium Chloride) for helping relieve your toothache. Warm salt water is an effective pain-killing mouthwash to alleviate toothaches. I personally prefer sea salt, yet normal table salt will produce same pain relieving effects.
Salt Water Toothache Remedy Instructions
- Boil 1 cup of water for 10 minutes and pour that into a fresh mug.
- Add 2 tablespoon of salt : prefer sea salt buy it from stores if you don’t have.
- Mix them well to prepare pain-killer mouth-wash.
- Swish this warm salt water near the aching tooth for 60 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- Salt water toothache remedy is highly effective in alleviating the pain.
4. Pepper and Salt Paste Toothache Remedy
Both pepper and salt have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Due to which, its paste is perfect natural remedy for toothaches. In Ayurveda, this pepper and salt paste is used as natural antibiotic and antimicrobial. Natural products which has a tendency to kill the bacteria and give health and hygiene are called natural antibiotics i.e. ayurvedic antibiotics.
Pepper and salt paste dipped in mustard oil is best natural remedy for toothache to alleviate pain and to get healthy gums.
How to make the Paste?
- You need pepper, table salt, and mustard oil.
- Mix 1 tea-spoon of salt and pepper and pour 10-15 drops of mustard oil.
- Make a good thick paste out of it.
- Apply this paste directly on pain producing tooth and cover surrounding area.
- Keep this for 30 minutes or until the pain recedes itself.
- Using this natural application on affected area will reduce pain fast.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of tea tree. It is also known as Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea oil falls under essential oil categories. It is a super bacteria killer and have potential in reducing tooth pain. Tea tree oil is another excellent home remedy for toothaches. It is also used in treatment of acne, hair fall, fungal infection, stomach flu, inflamed skin, warts removal and many more.
How to use tea tree oil to fight tooth pain
- You need : virgin tea tree oil and cotton ball.
- Put 5 drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball.
- Now, cover your aching tooth with this oil dipped cotton ball.
- Keep this on for 15 minutes or until the pain recedes.
- Use this toothache remedy 3 times a day to reducing gum swelling and pain.
6. Oregano oil as Toothache Remedy
Oil of Oregano is an essential oil and best known for its ability to kill bacteria. It also helps in controlling staph infections like MRSA. Health benefits of oregano includes its ability to prevent you from chronic disease, improves immune system, improve digestion, clear acne, prevents stomach flu, and protects against diabetes.
Oral consumption of oregano oil cure gum diseases, toothaches, cold and flu, swine flu, and fatigue. Furthermore, oregano oil is highly effective on varicose veins. Massage with oil of oregano can cure spider veins and varicose veins.Oregano oil is also used topically as an insect repellent.
How to use oil of oregano for pain in tooth?
- Dip a cotton ball into oregano oil and cover the affected area for 10 minutes. As a result, it will alleviate pain and swelling.
- Use of oregano oil, 3 times a day can help you fight tooth pain and trauma.
- Oregano oil should not be taken by pregnant women as it might cause miscarriage if consumed.
Onion is another excellent toothache remedy. It have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Due to which onion can kill the toothache causing bacteria and reduce pain in gums. If the ache is due to bacterial or fungal infection then onions will provide relief from pain by killing germs causing the severe pain.
How to make Onion paste for pain relief?
- First of all, take one baby onion and cut it into four halves.
- Take mortar and put these chopped onions and make a paste with the help of pestle.
- Use this thick onion paste and cover your pain causing tooth with it.
- Let the paste sit there fo 20 minutes or until pain fades away.
- Repeat the process after every meal to get relief from toothache.
8. Plantain leaves (Plantago major)
Its natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it excellent toothache remedy. Plantain leaves are used as natural antibiotic for mouth ulcer, microbial infection, gum disease, and toothache.
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the Universidad Nacional Río Cuarto in Argentina also confirmed plantain leaf’s resistance to harmful organisms when studying alcoholic extracts from 8 different plants.
How to use Plantago major as toothache remedy?
- Put 3-5 Plantago major leaves into mortar.
- Crush it with pestle and make paste out of it.
- Cover your painful tooth with this paste and let it be there for 15 minutes.
- Plantain paste will reduce pain and soothes the gums.
9. Vanilla Extract
Vanilla extract is made by dissolving vanilla beans in alcohol to create the dark-colored liquid. It has anti-inflammatory abilities. In addition to that, vanilla extract is also natural anti-oxidants. Therefore, all these health benefits makes vanilla extract another amazing home remedy for toothache.
Finally learn how to use vanilla extract ?
- Buy pure vanilla extract from online store or from local store.
- Dip a cotton ball into liquid and put it over affected area.
- As a result it will alleviate pain and reduce gum swelling.
- Apply this toothache remedy 2 times a day for fast pain relief.
10.Mustard Essential oil
Mustard essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of mustard seeds soaked in water. Health benefits of mustard essential oil are anti-bacterial, antifungal, insect repellant, and hair vitalizer. As a result it is amazing home remedy for tooth pain.
Hot to use it?
- Add 1 tea-spoon of table-salt into 15 drops of mustard essential oil.
- Apply this paste over the aching tooth and leave it for 15 minutes or until pain recedes itself.
- Repeat this toothache remedy after every meals for fast recovery from pain.